Monday, October 12, 2009

Pumpkin Cookies

So I roasted pumpkin seeds, baked a pumpkin for baby food and made homemade pumpkin cookies :) Yum Yum
I want to make some pumpkin pancakes or muffins next.
We got some apples when we went to the pumpkin patch so I will be making Apple chips with them...I am having so much fun trying new recipes. :)

Here is the recipe for the cookies:
PUMPKIN COOKIES

1-1/4 cups Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Butter
2 Eggs, beaten
1-1/2 cups cooked Pumpkin
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Ginger
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
2-1/2 cups Flour
4 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Lemon Extract
1 cup Raisins
1 cup Chopped Nuts
1/2 tsp Cinnamon

Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs, pumpkin, spices and salt. Sift flour and baking powder. Stir into sugar-butter mixture. Add lemon, raisins and nuts. Mix well. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake in 400-degree F. oven 15 minutes. Makes 3 dozen.

No comments: