Remember – The Luminaria Ceremony
After dark, we honor people who have been touched by cancer and remember loved ones lost to the disease during the Luminaria Ceremony. Candles are lit inside bags filled with sand, each one bearing the name of a person touched by cancer, and participants often walk a lap in silence. As people take time to remember, those who have walked alongside others battling cancer can grieve and find healing. This is a time that truly highlights the importance of defeating this disease."
I took the above from Relay for Life website. I just couldn't find the words. Sorry!
I had the honor of participating in this event this year with team "Wooly Bully".
I walked for my husbands stepbrother, Todd MacDonald, who has been battling with peritoneal mesothelioma for the past two years, and is currently undergoing chemotherapy for the second time.
I walked for my Grandmother Constance Ulry who passed away a little over a year ago after a long battle with cancer.
This was such a moving event and I really hope to do it again next year. Another really nice thing about this event is that families were welcome to just come and walk/hangout with us. It was really nice to have Bill and Chase there!
Enjoy the Slide show!!!
![]() |
| Personalize a slideshow |

No comments:
Post a Comment